At the same time, the President of the Management Board of Budimex SA has committed itself to establish goals and tasks resulting from the Policy and to make them a criterion of daily operation assessment. The approach to the CSR management contained in the Policy is based on the PN-ISO 26000:2012 standard. The Policy scope covers the areas indicated as key by the CSR Committee and constituting the basis for the CSR strategy and non-financial reporting. The CSR Committee is composed of representatives of organisational units and representatives of the Management Board, while it is chaired by the President of the Management Board. The CSR Committee is responsible for a comprehensive approach to social responsibility management and, if necessary, pays attention to possible risks, problems from the perspective of social and environmental responsibility. It recommends the directions of decisions to be made, which are consistent with the Integrated Management System Policy. The committee meets cyclically, at least four times a year - it delivers its opinions, approves and assesses the CSR actions. Current CSR Strategy for the years 2016-2020 was recommended by the Committee and then approved by the Management Board.
The Budimex Group and its companies operate on the basis of international management standards. The Integrated Management System is composed of the following implemented norms and certificates:
- PN-ISO 26000: 2012 – management system of the company’s social and environmental responsibility;
- ISO 9001:2015 – quality management system;
- ISO 14001:2015 – environmental management system;
- PN-N-18001:2004 and OHSAS 18000:2007 – occupational health and safety management system;
- ISO/IEC 27007:2013 – information security management system;
- AQAP 2011:2009 – quality management system;
- ISO 14001:50001 – power management system;
- ISO 10001 – system for managing the codes of conduct connected with customer satisfaction;
- ISO 20000-1 – IT service quality management system;
- NATO Commercial and Government Entity Code (NCAGE2) - granted to entities whose activity is related to the range of defence products or provision of defence services.
The implementation and operation of the above-mentioned certificates was confirmed by accredited certification bodies, which also supervise their compliance with the Group.
Implementation of the IMS Policy, similarly to other policies, procedures and processes, is subject to regular external audits in terms of economic, social and environmental aspects, due to which it is possible to continuously monitor their effectiveness. Annual internal audits are also carried out by so-called internal auditors – the Budimex Group's employees holding relevant competencies and experience. Each time internal audits are additionally confirmed by an external audit. In 2018, no company of the Budimex Group had imposed non-financial sanctions for non-compliance with law and regulations. The following internal and external audits were carried out in the reported period:
- Internal audits of the Integrated Management System – 11;
- External audits of the Integrated Management System – 1;
- Internal audits of the Factory Production Control (FPC) – 24;
- External audits of the Factory Production Control – 12.
The "Integrated Management System Policy" was not formally adopted at the Group level, but only in the parent company - Budimex SA. However, it is applied in subsidiaries and monitored by Budimex SA as part of corporate governance.