Thanks to grants, we renovated bathrooms in the Saint Lazarus Hospice in Kraków, we adjusted the pavement to the needs of the disabled in the Public Nursing Home in Nowy Czarnów. We also created an educational room for persons under care of the ARKA Association in Olsztyn. Since the launch of the programme, 205 volunteers from the Budimex Group have taken part in it. In total, they completed 30 projects for over PLN 250,000.
Apart from the mentioned social programmes, the Budimex Group carries out also a number of charity and sponsoring activities. In 2018, we continued the implementation of socio-cultural and educational projects, promoting physical and sports culture. Examples of actions completed in 2018:
- the “Diamond Explorers” scholarship programme providing financial support to talented and effective youth to enable them to participate in prestigious international and national scientific and technical contests, in particular in such fields as technology, engineering, construction, industrial design, maths and management,
- protection of monuments by supporting the "J. Waldorff’s Social Committee of Care for Old Powązki Cemetery", in the vicinity of which the main seat of the Budimex Group's parent company – Budimex SA – is located,
- support for the Demos Foundation, which helps young people in a difficult life situation. The Foundation develops premises to conduct education, therapeutic and sports activities. It organises workshops for youth leaders and scholarship programmes. It also develops publishing activities, oriented towards social, educational and cultural issues,
- organisation of events and support of sports teams: a charity game of the Volleyball Stars in Szczecin, Polish Women Chess Championships, Polish Sailing Championships for the Disabled, Stomil Olsztyn Football Club, Polish Sport Bridge Association or the Women Basketball Club “Katarzynki” in Toruń,
- other projects consistent with the Budimex Group’s social objectives and are addressed to children: help for the Foundation “Na ratunek dzieciom z chorobą nowotworową” [“Saving Children with Cancer”] in Wrocław and Fundacja Pomocy Dzieciom Poszkodowanym w Wypadkach Komunikacyjnych “WRÓĆ” [Foundation Helping Children Injured in Traffic Accidents “COME BACK”] in Gdańsk.